Setting up UCentral
UCentral is an app from Unbound Medicine that includes an excellent MEDLINE search tool as well as access to the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. To use the uCentral app you will need to register with Unbound Medicine.
To set up uCentral on campus:
- Go to http://ezproxy3.lhl.uab.edu/login?url=http://www.ubmed.com/ucentral and click register in the green bar at the top of the page.
- Click the green continue button next to the uCentral logo
- Fill in the form to create your account and click Continue.
- Select your mobile device platform for detailed download and setup instructions.
- For more information on uCentral please see the uCentral User Guide.
Using uCentral to search MEDLINE
MEDLINE is the predominant component of PubMed. It is the index of the medical literature in PubMed. UCentral's MEDLINE search app is an excellent alternative to PubMed applications.
UCentral Medline allows you to search by keyword, author, or journal. You can also use limits for full text, language, subjects, publication type, and publication date.
There is also a clinical search feature which lets you select therapy, diagnosis, etiology, or prognosis and determine if you want your search results to reflect precision or completeness.