Please be advised that information transmitted via LHL Guides is not protected or encrypted and the Library cannot guarantee the privacy of information communicated online. Aggregate data or number and types of comments will be collected. Comments may also be used for research and/or publication purposes.
Before You Start
There are a few constants when searching for a test instrument. Searching skills will be challenged!
- Some tests are easily found.
- You may have to pay for it. Some must be purchased from the copyright holder (usually the author or publisher).
- Some instruments may be found within a journal article or its appendix.
- You may locate an earlier instrument that you can photocopy from a journal article, but the revised addition may be the one that is in current use and available only for a fee from the copyright holder.
- Resources may give descriptive information about the instrument, including author or publisher contact information, as well as a review of the test, but not the instrument itself.
- Even author or publisher contact information may be elusive.
Finding a Test Instrument often requires searching several sources.
Following the suggested steps in the tabs above may help you locate either:
- Your Instrument
- A Review of the Instrument
Many tests are copyrighted!
Even if it appears freely available, you must first contact the author or publisher for permission to use it for research or publication purposes!