Smart Phone Users
Scan the QR code with your smartphone to go to the Scopus Mobile app.
This guide provides training on using Scopus for finding articles and citations. Use the tabs above to learn about searching Scopus, managing results, setting email alerts and citation alerts and more.
- Use Scopus to search on your topic when you want search results that are interdisciplinary and include international literature, as detailed below.
- Use Scopus when you would like to see results ranked by times cited and relevance and as well as by date.
- Look up an important paper on Scopus and see the reference list as well as the forward cites to the paper.
- Use Scopus to set citation alerts. Who is citing your work?
Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and web sources. It includes:
- 28,000,000 records with references after 1995
- 21,000,000 pre-1996 records (back to 1823)
- Nearly 20,500 different journals from 5000 publishers, including open source
- 5.3 million conference papers (proceedings and journals)
- 100 % Medline coverage, most EMBASE records
- Links to UAB licensed full text