EndNote Tutorials & Info
In addition to the links below, much helpful information is available from the Help menu within EndNote itself.
EndNote X7 for Windows is here! UAB students and employees (does not include UAB Health System) can now download (for free) this latest version of EndNote software with a current Blazer ID/password from UAB IT’s Software and Subscription Resources page. (Follow the download instructions provided below to ensure you are not asked for a product key.) EndNote X7 for Mac is expected to be available soon, too. Please note that this guide currently shows EndNote X6 and is in the process of being updated to show version X7.
EndNote for iPad app! Learn more about this new app on this page of our Mobile Technology guide. The app is on sale now (until July 31, 2013) for just 99 cents (regularly $9.99)!
Important Note about Syncing EndNote X6 with EndNote (Online): Before using the new EndNote (Online) sync feature of EndNote X6, it is STRONGLY recommended that you create a back-up copy of your EndNote library. To do this, go to File > Compressed Library in EndNote.
LHL now offering online EndNote training! To find out more about all of our training opportunities (both in-person & online), visit our Express Training guide.
What is EndNote?
EndNote is bibliographic management software that can make your life much easier when you need to collect and manage citations for your research or coursework.
Among many other helpful features, EndNote software will allow you to:
- import citations from popular research databases and search engines
- store citations in groups
- insert in-text citations and bibliography in Word documents in the bibliographic style of your choice
- find and attach full-text PDFs to their corresponding EndNote records
- sync citations between EndNote Basic (formerly EndNote Web) and EndNote
- search and annotate PDFs
About EndNote X7
Endnote X7 is the latest version of EndNote licensed by UAB. Watch the video below to see the new features included in this version of EndNote.
Note: Before downloading EndNote X7 or usnig the sync feature, it is STRONGLY recommended that you create a back-up copy of your EndNote library. To do this, go to File > Compressed Library in EndNote.
New features include:
- Automatically import PDFs from a specified folder on your computer
- Organize folders of PDFs into separate groups during PDF import
- Automatically rename PDFs with customized settings during PDF import
- Create a curriculum vitae with subheadings for different types of publications by selecting an EndNote output style
- Create a bibliography using Cite While You Write (EndNote toolbar for Word) with separate sections for separate topics or for primary/secondary sources
Chat with LHL Librarians
Send us an e-mail!
EndNote Software Updates
To make sure you have the latest EndNote updates installed, in EndNote click on Help and then EndNote Program Updates