Welcome to Lister Hill's Mobile Apps Guide!
This guide includes links & instructions on accessing dozens of health sciences-related mobile applications.
We update the guide as often as we can--usually twice a year. Help us keep up to date by making app suggestions!
On this page:
- Tips for Keeping Up: News feeds from the blogs & sites we use to keep up: iMedical Apps, MedicalAppJounral.com, and Happtique help us keep up with the rapid changes in Medical App technology.
- 50 Apps in 50 Minutes Class PowerPoint: This class was presented in the Spring 2013. It contains some of our favorite apps--not all medical related.
- Suggest an App!: Please let us know if you have discovered a new medical app that should be added to our collection.
In this guide:
- Core Medical Apps: A list of Medical Apps for Clinicians, Drug Apps, and apps for News & Continuing Education
- Calculators & Codes: A list of apps, some of which require special set-up.
- Guidelines & Clinical Trials: Some of these require free registration.
- App Resources via LHL: These are apps from databases that Lister Hill has subscribed to. Many of these apps need special set-up in order to access content. We've provided detailed instructions to help you download the app.
- Index: This is a complete index of all the apps we have reviewed over the years. The sub-tabs list device-specific apps.
How LHL Keeps Up
With the huge growth in mobile applications it can be difficult and overwhelming to try to keep up with new apps for your field. Fortunately there are a number of high quality blogs which can be used to keep abreast.
TIP: Add these to your favorite RSS Aggregator!
- iMedicalApps: An independent blog produced by physicians and medical students. Posts consist of reviews of mobile medical technology, applications and occasional posts about trends in mobile technology.
- Medical App Journal: An online journal that evaluates apps with an open peer review process. Clinicians, whose credentials are available to see, only review apps that are within their specialty area.
- medGadget: Medgadget is an independent publication edited and published by a group of MDs and biomed engineers.
- Happtique: The certification standards that Happtique addresses are: operability, privacy, security, content, and performance.
Be sure to see the news feeds below!
See the RSS feed below for iMedicalApps most recent posts:
Go to Happtique.com for their latest news.