Recommend a link
Other useful LHL Guides
These LHL guides might be also useful.
This is the LHL Library Liaison page for the Joint Health Science Departments. As liaison, I want to make sure that our library is meeting your needs to support research, teaching, and clinical care. Use the tabs above to learn more about research resources, tips for using them effectively, and targeted news items.
As your liaison, I can provide services including:
- Research support
- Individual consultations
- Expert literature searches
- Assistance with systematic reviews
- EndNote support
- Guidance in integrating library resources into course shells
- Presentations and instruction for faculty, staff and students
- Assistance with complying with the NIH Public Access Policy
Help me to understand your needs better! Invite me to:
- Meet you in person, by phone, or online through email or IM
- Attend departmental or research team meetings
- Participate in journal clubs
I look forward to working with you!
Please use the tabs above the box to learn how to find what you need from Lister Hill Library!
Get It Now! Get Full Text Articles Fast
When you need an article that isn’t in the UAB electronic journal collection, we know you need it fast. We’ll continue to provide traditional ILL at a subsidized rate (free or $3), but as you know that typically takes 24-72 hours. Get It Now is a BETA service that allows our UAB users to purchase articles from an online vendor to be delivered to them by email quickly and subsidized by LHL to a cost of $6. It is new and we’re one of the first institutions to experiment with this model.
NIH Public Access Policy Support
Need Help? LHL provides assistance in finding and obtaining PMCIDs, submitting manuscripts and following the approval process.